Australian Government - Department of Health - Office of Hearing Services
Hearing Services Program

Contacting the Department of Health and other Agencies

The Hearing Services Program (the program) works in conjunction with other government agencies to administer certain components of the program.  When issues arise the program may not be able to resolve them without the assistance of another agency. In these circumstances you will be referred to the appropriate agency for assistance.

Contacting the Department of Health

Service providers and clients of the program should call the Department of Health’s Contact Centre for enquiries related to

  • General program information
  • Validating client details
  • Client transfers
  • General claiming questions

Please call the Contact Centre directly on 1800 500 726 or through the National Relay Service (NRS) on 1800 555 660, or email Alternatively you can submit an online enquiry and feedback form.

Postal Address

Hearing Services
Department of Health
Mail Drop Point 113
GPO Box 9848
Canberra ACT 2601

Physical Address

Hearing Services
Department of Health
1 Atlantic Street
Woden Town Centre
Canberra ACT 2606

Contact information for other Government agencies

Department of Human Services (DHS) – Medicare and Centrelink

Please contact Medicare directly for enquiries related to

  • Hearing Services Qualified Practitioner (QP) Number
  • e-Claim batch payments and password reset
  • Diagnostic Audiological Services (ENT referral) or
  • Medicare Qualified Practitioner (QP) Number

Medicare can be contacted by phone, (08) 8274 9370, or email,

Contact Centrelink for enquiries related to

  • Client eligibility e.g. pension card etc
  • Client details not matching

Centrelink can be contacted by phoning 132 300 or you can make a general Centrelink enquiry online.

National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA)

Contact the NDIA for enquiries related to

  • National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) services
  • NDIS payment of services

The NDIA can be contacted directly by phoning 1800 800 110 or emailing


Contact AUSkey for enquiries related to

  • Password resets
  • AUSkey software installation
  • AUSkey registration

AUSkey can be contacted directly by phoning 1300 287 539 or emailing

Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)

DVA should be contacted directly for enquiries related to

  • Confirming DVA client details
  • General enquiries
  • Payment for additional features in hearing devices not covered under the Hearing Services Program.

DVA can be contacted by phoning 1800 555 254 or emailing

State and territory consumer protection agencies

Your local state and territory consumer protection agency can provide you with information about your rights and options. They may also be able to help negotiate a resolution between you and the seller.

Please visit the contact list page for the consumer body in your state or territory.

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)

Consumers and small businesses can contact the ACCC for enquiries related to

  • General enquires
  • False or misleading information
  • Consumer rights and obligations
  • Information on courses of action against the seller
  • Reporting a business that may be doing the wrong thing.

Consumers can contact the ACCC by phoning 1300 302 502 or making an online enquiry. Small business can contact the ACCC by phoning 1300 302 021 or reporting a small business issue online.

Commonwealth Ombudsman

The Commonwealth Ombudsman investigates complaints from people who believe they have been treated unfairly or unreasonably by an Australian Government agency. The Commonwealth Ombudsman can be contacted by phoning 1300 362 072 or visit their website for more contact information.  

Administrative Appeals Tribunal

The Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) reviews decisions made under Commonwealth laws, including decisions about

  • Freedom of information
  • The National Disability Insurance Scheme, and
  • Veterans’ pensions.

The AAT can be contacted by phoning 1800 228 333 or emailing

Other useful contact

E-Claim Software Provider 

Contact your e-Claim software provider, Claim Wizard, Hear Aid or Simply Hearing, for enquiries related to 

  • System error messages 
  • Issues with downloading or uploading your e-Claims
  • Issues with a practitioner number

Contact your e-Claim Software Provider on the number or email they provided your business.

Contacting the Department of Health and other Agencies (PDF 168 KB)

Online Enquiry and feedback form

Complaints Policy

Complementary Content